Date(s) - 01/02/2024
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl™️ (main location)
Kids create a rose through various blacksmithing, cutting & welding techniques. Hammers, anvils, plasma cutters, MIG welders, etc. will be singing as kids forge their very own long-stemmed rose! (Long stemmed rose boxes provided).
* Previously offered as a two-day camp in shorter time blocks but in order to accommodate most academic schedules, this kids’ camp has been consolidated into one longer session.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, blacksmithing, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 8 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- Kids from ages 8ish to 17 are welcome to register. If you have questions about younger kids, please call us. 🙂
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets. [If you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.]
- This class is co-ed.
- Parents: please be sure to sign the waiver before you drop off your child.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Cost: $120.00 (includes class materials, safety gear, use of cutting & welding equipment, as well as long stemmed rose box with tissue)
Log in if you already have an account with us.