Date(s) - 11/11/2017
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
(old location) Weld Like A Girl
WELDING WORKSHOP FOR VETERANS
Weld Like a Girl would like to thank members of our Armed Services by offering a special workshop for veterans. Maybe you’re into yard art or making something creative. Maybe you believe you don’t have a lot of creativity but simply want to learn how to weld in order to build tables and fix stuff. Whatever your interest, we have the space and resources to help you meet those goals. This is a co-ed class.
WOW! A HUGE thanks to the Elks National Foundation… as a result of a mini-grant awarded to Weld Like a Girl, there will be no charge to veterans for this class. Space is limited, however, and REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive the registration code.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals)
- Water, tea and snacks will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.