Date(s) - 09/29/2019
8:30 pm - 11:30 pm
Weld Like A Girl
This co-ed class allows participants to create artwork out of upcycled (a.k.a “retired”) flatware (a.k.a. spoons, forks & butter knives). Two projects will be highlighted (a frog & butterfly), although free play is allowed. If you have specific utensils you want to work with, feel free to bring them. Otherwise, flatware will be provided. Welding experience not expected or required.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.