Date(s) - 05/09/2018
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
This co-ed class allows participants to create artwork out of upcyled (a.k.a “retired”) flatware (a.k.a. spoons, forks & butter knives). Two projects will be highlighted (a person & a butterfly), although free play is allowed. If you have specific utensils you want to work with, feel free to bring them. Otherwise, flatware will be provided. No welding experience necessary.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals)
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
This event is fully booked.