Date(s) - 02/29/2020
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Asteraceae admirers unite! Join us at Weld Like A Girl to blacksmith & weld a daisy, black-eyed susan or other simple disk flower from horseshoes and rebar. When you plant this flower in your yard or garden, it will not require watering or fertilizer.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, forging and GMAW (MIG welding). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 8 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- This class is co-ed.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered (no shorts or capris). T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
This event is fully booked.