Date(s) - 12/23/2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Function + Creativity = Taco Stand
Learn mad introductory fabrication skills while building your own taco (complete with all the fixin’s and a display stand) during this one-day welding/ manufacturing camp!
Taco builders will use (at least) the following tools:
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding, aka MIG welding, aka wire welding)
- PAC (Plasma Arc Cutting, aka light saber)
- Oxy-acetylene torch with rosebud (for heating/bending)
- Oxy-acetylene torch welding tip and brazing rod
- 14″ chop saw
- 4.5″ variable speed angle grinder
- other tools as needed
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught to use all tools. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We normally provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need. Due to Covid-19, we are limiting this class to SIX participants.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- This class is co-ed.
- Kids from ages 13-17 are welcome to register.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided throughout the day. Naturally, a delicious taco lunch will be provided, given the nature of our topic.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder family and wish to receive the discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.