Date(s) - 12/27/2021 - 12/28/2021
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Function + Creativity = Metal Pizza
Learn mad introductory fabrication skills while building your own 3.5 lb slice of pizza during this two-day welding/ manufacturing camp!
Pizza Aficionados will use (at least) the following tools:
- GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding, aka MIG welding, aka wire welding)
- PAC (Plasma Arc Cutting, aka light saber)
- 14″ chop saw
- 4.5″ variable speed angle grinder
- other tools as needed
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught to use all tools. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We normally provide a small group setting of usually no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- This class is co-ed.
- Kids from ages 8-12 are welcome to register. Written parental consent is required so please be sure to sign our waiver when dropping off your child. (Mature 7 year olds are permitted with prior permission… please contact us for details.)
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered. T-shirts or tank tops are fine as you will be wearing a welding jacket on top.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided throughout both days. Naturally, a delicious pizza lunch will be provided on Day 2 as a graduation reward.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder family and wish to receive the discount code.