Date(s) - 09/10/2017
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
(old location) Weld Like A Girl
Let’s celebrate National Grandparents’ Day! Grandchildren: it’s bring your grandparents to to metal art class day! 😊 This workshop is geared towards folks of almost any age, celebrating the unique bond between generations. The project involves making birds out of nuts, bolts and thingamajigs. Each participant will take home a completed bird project.
[Note: While the minimum age is typically 8 years old, this is a flexible number as it is based upon the physical size of the child in order to ensure safety gear will fit. If you have a grandchild who is slightly younger whom you feel would be mature enough to be safe around welding equipment, feel free to contact us to discuss possibilities.]
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK)
- Water, tea and snacks will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.