Date(s) - 09/30/2017
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
When you see a unique set of bookends, you usually notice that the form on one side flows into the form on the other side, despite how many books are stacked in between. Rarely do truly interesting bookends exactly match, although they are often able to operate independently. One bookend can stand alone but is stronger and more beautiful with the other half. This flow and function is similar to great relationships. One person supports and enhances the other, despite the distance between.
Come join us for a day of exploring metal sculpture as you work together, independently or both on a unique set of bookends. Keeping score is not necessary. Enjoy each other’s company!
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals)
- This class includes a catered lunch.
Bookings are closed for this event.