Date(s) - 04/16/2023
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl™️ (main location)
Learn the basics of moving metal: heating, holding, hitting & shaping. Participants will draw out, taper, bend and twist metal like it’s clay! Nothing fancy like swords from Forged in Fire. 🔥 (They certainly make it look easy, don’t they? ) Just simple but essential skills for a budding blacksmith. You will make a small project to take home.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about hot work safety, forge set up/take down. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 10 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, jackets/sleeves, gloves and hearing protection.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 5 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Cost: $55 includes instruction, all class materials, use of safety gear & equipment
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram if you are military or a 1st responder and wish to receive the discount code.
Bookings are closed for this event.