Date(s) - 04/17/2018
5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Join us for a unique partnership: Wood meets Metal. In other words, you will fashion a wooden base at Littlewood Art Co-Op then walk around the corner to Weld Like A Girl to cut and finish the steel word/nameplate/image of your choice. We will then walk back to Littlewood to unite the wood and metal halves to complete your project. This is a co-ed class.
NOTE: This workshop starts at The Littlewood Art Co-Op (1480 S 2nd Ave) and involves walking around the corner (same block) to Weld Like A Girl (1415 S 3rd Ave) and back again to Littlewood. Start & finish are at Littlewood; however, you may park at either location as they are close in proximity.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive a military/1st responder discount code.
Cost is $35/person and includes all materials, safety gear, use of plasma cutting equipment and class supplies.
Bookings are closed for this event.