Date(s) - 09/09/2018
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
Parents and kids will work together to create a welding sculpture project to take home. Caution Moms & Dads: Be prepared… your daughter or son might be better at this than you are.😉 (This is a co-ed class.)
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG) welding (unless another welding process is specifically called for and noted). Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are obviously permitted to register. So far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to receive a military/1st responder discount code.
Price is $42/person ($84/parent-child team). [Please let us know in advance if you would like to bring an additional child. The cost of a second child is $22; we can invoice you for this if you would like to pay via credit card or you may bring cash on the day of class.]
This event is fully booked.