Date(s) - 03/08/2019
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
During this cool class we will create standing,hot lighted landscape art out of upcycled materials. They will plasma cut and weld shapes to be illuminated on your lawn or in the garden by solar lighting. Landscape art and included lights are intended for outdoor use due to the nature of the lighting; however, these shadow sculptures may be used inside if alternate lights are used. No previous welding or cutting experience necessary. (This class is co-ed.)
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants will be taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and GMAW (MIG welding) . Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 8 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Children are permitted to register; so far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 7, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Children under the age of 14 are asked to register and participate with an adult.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (leather shoes or boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
- A solar light will be provided to place inside your sculpture.
Please call, e-mail or message us on Facebook or Instagram to receive a military/1st responder discount code.
Cost: $70/person (includes necessary materials, as well as the use of all safety gear and tools)
Bookings are closed for this event.