Date(s) - 01/04/2019
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
(old location) Weld Like A Girl
KIDS CLASS: WELD-BY-NUMBER HOT PLATE/WALL HANGING
[NOTE: NEW DATE & TIME] You remember color-by-number activity books… Well, here’s a similar concept using steel and welding. A variety of designs are available to “draw” on a piece of steel using the GMAW (a.k.a. MIG, or wire welding) process. After ample practice, each kid will create a decorated hot plate or wall hanging to take home.
ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety and GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of no more than 10 children so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves and welding helmets.
- This class is co-ed.
- Children are permitted to register. So far, we have taught kids as young as 6 years old but only you know how mature your child is. (If you have a mature child under the age of 8, please contact us so we can discuss the possibility of participation.) Parents of children under the age of 14 are asked to remain on the premises, dressed in appropriate clothing & footwear (see below).
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals); please ensure ankles and feet are completely covered.
- FYI: if you already have your own safety glasses that fit you perfectly, you are welcome to bring them. Otherwise, we provide standard ANSI-approved safety glasses that are yours to take home.
- Water, tea and light refreshments will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.