Date(s) - 11/25/2017
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Weld Like A Girl
The post-tryptophan coma has worn off and it’s time to get the next generation moving! This day is dedicated to kids… there will be 3 workshops, each 2 hours long, where kids of specific age groups will have an opportunity to create a small welding project. This particular class is dedicated to teenagers.
KIDS CLASS: WELD-BY-NUMBER HOT PLATE
You remember those ridiculously silly but actually kinda cool color-by-number activity books? Well, here’s a similar concept using steel and welding. A variety of designs are available to “draw” on a piece of steel using the GMAW (a.k.a. MIG, or wire welding) process. After ample practice, each teen will create a decorated hot plate to take home. No worries, we’ve consulted plenty of teens to find out what “cool” is… we will have templates available.
- ALL classes begin with safety! Participants are taught about welding safety, plasma cutting and in this case GMAW (MIG) welding. Demonstrations and practice time are provided.
- We provide a small group setting of usually no more than 12 people so that everyone can get the individual instruction and attention they need.
- We provide all safety gear including safety glasses, welding jackets, gloves, welding helmets and hearing protection.
- WHAT TO WEAR: jeans, cotton t-shirt and closed-toe shoes (boots preferred; tennis shoes are OK; no sandals)
- Water and healthy snacks will be provided.
Bookings are closed for this event.